G2 Global Chef's Knife
Global Master Cutlery Corporation, the creator of the G2 Global Chef's Knife, was founded in 1985, and since that time, the company has become known as crafters of some of the best kitchen knives in the world. Prior to the company's inception, no major manufacturers made one-piece, solid steel kitchen knives. Global changed all that when the company emerged on the market, and they have continued strong ever since.
The Global G2 Chef Knife is a perfect example of the care and craftsmanship the company puts into their knives. It maintains an extremely sharp edge incredibly well, and, like all Global products, it carries a lifetime warranty that provides protection against any issues that might arise in the future, such as breakage or defects. In addition to the warranty, the Chef's Knife has a number of features that make it rise above most other kitchen knives.
Global Cutlery Corp may have only been around for about 25 years, but the company has made its mark on the culinary world in that short time. Their commitment to perfection in all things, from balance to sharpness, has made an indelible impression on cooks around the world, and many other manufacturers have struggled to catch up. Until they do, however, Global will continue manufacturing such items as the Chef's Knife, and we will continue using them.
- Commitment to Balance - The entire Chef's Knife is fashioned out of a single piece of a high-tech stainless steel formula. The handle is also steel but is completely hollow and is partially filled with fine sand. The sand shifts as the knife is used to provide a perfect and continually balanced slicing and dicing experience. Not only was Global the first company to manufacture solid knives out of a single piece of steel, but they remain the only company to create such fluid balance.
- Lightweight - The Global Chef's Knife is 8 inches long, like most multipurpose chef's knives, but it only weighs a meager 7.8 ounces. This is due to the finely honed, very thin blade, the hollow handle, and the unique mixture of metal used to make it.
- Ergonomic Design - The handle of the knife is distinctly molded to fit the hand, and it is dimpled to prevent slipping. There is a finger notch in between the handle and the blade for added safety and comfort. All those aspects combined with the lightweight ensure that owners can use the knife comfortably in the kitchen for long periods of time.
- Sharper Edge - The knife is forged from a mixture of molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel and then sharpened with a long taper to create a sharper edge than most other comparable kitchen knives. The hardened metal ensures a longer-than-average edge-retention, as well.
- Rave Reviews - Almost without fail, everyone who has ever used the Global Chef's Knife, from novice cook to professional chef, has offered rave reviews about it.