OXO Good Grips Professional 8-Inch Chef Knife
With most product types, the general rule is that the more expensive the product, the higher quality you can expect. While there are exceptions, the rule
tends to hold fast, and it applies to the culinary world, as well. Some of the highest quality knives in the world cost several hundred dollars each,
however, like a few other Chef Knife products, the OXO Good Grips Professional 8-inch Chef Knife is the exception to the rule.
The OXO company motto is, "Tools You Can Hold," and they apply that to all the products they design and sell. The company manufactures high quality
utensils and tools that are designed for daily household use but that are still reasonably priced enough so most discerning households can afford them.
With the Chef Knife, OXO proves that a knife doesn't have to cost hundreds of dollars to work beautifully in the kitchen.
While all of us would love to be able to afford a handcrafted, high quality set of Japanese cooking knives, sadly, that goal is not within reach for most
of us. OXO recognized that and designed knives that are professional grade without the professional price. The OXO Good Grips Professional 8 inch Chef
Knife proves that the quality of a knife is not always dependent on its price. Just ask any chef, and they'll tell you that you can't go wrong with the
Good Grips Chef Knife.
- Rubber Handle - All of OXO's products use a soft and durable rubber to provide a comfortable, secure grip. The Chef Knife's handle is a rounded, ergonomic rubber
that can be easily held for long chopping and slicing sessions, and it is securely attached to the blade to prevent any sanitary issues from
- The Blade - The Chef Knife has a full tang that runs to the very end of the knife, ensuring good balance, increased durability, and added heft. The metal
used is a hardened stainless steel that holds an edge remarkably well and is impervious to rust and stains and should anything ever happen to your
knife, OXO provides a lifetime warranty to protect against any defects that might pop up in the future.
- Very Versatile - The knife is just as admirably suited for cutting large chunks of meat as it is for chopping vegetables or mincing herbs. The blade has a slight
curve for more convenient and ergonomic slicing and dicing.
- Daily Use - While the Chef Knife is dishwasher safe, it is recommended that owners hand wash and dry the knife instead as that will help ensure the blade
stays sharp longer and will lengthen the life of the knife overall.
- Accessibility - The OXO Company started out with the goal of making innovative products that were available to everyone, and they have continued in that vein
with the Chef Knife. On average, the knife costs only a mere $20, which is a steal considering the high quality.